Auditions: Run For Your Wife
AUDITION DATES: Sunday, August 27th, 2023 and Monday, August 28th, 2023
AUDITION TIMES: 7:00 PM (Both Sunday and Monday)
DIRECTOR: Lois E. Heagy
- Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
- Audition monologues are welcome, but not necessary.
- The cast will consist of 2 women, 4 men, and 2 men/women
- Unless required by script or licensing agreements, casting decisions will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender identity, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
- Ability to do a believable British accent and an understanding of farce is absolutely necessary.
This British farce thrilled audiences in its 1982 debut. A taxi driver gets away with having two wives in different areas of London because of his irregular working schedule. Complication is piled upon complication as the cabby tries to keep his double life
TIME PERIOD: 1980s
FEATURES: Period Costumes
CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS (in order of appearance):
Mary Smith – Wife #1
Barbara Smith – Wife #2
John Smith – An ordinary looking man whose appearance belies his eccentricity.
Detective Sergeant Troughton – A slightly severe young officer.
Stanley Gardner – The upstairs neighbor of Mary and John Smith. A bright fellow whose “brightness” is only skin deep.
Newspaper Reporter – A cameo appearance in Act I there to take a photo for the paper and leave.
Detective Sergeant Porterhouse – A middle-aged slightly befuddled family man.
Bobby Franklyn – The new upstairs neighbor of Barbara and John Smith; A flamboyant dress designer of indeterminate age.
NOTE: Playing ages are negotiable. Although the script states the wives are in their 20’s, no ages are ever
mentioned during the show.