AUDITION DATES: Sunday, July 9th, 2023 and Monday, July 10th, 2023
AUDITION TIMES: 7:00 PM (Both Sunday and Monday)
- Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. No monologues required.
- Please bring a list of all conflicts from the audition dates through to the close of the show to the auditions, and be honest about your availability so that rehearsals can be planned accordingly.
- Please prepare 32 bars of music from a song in a similar style to the show that best shows your voice and range.
- Legible sheet music must be provided for the rehearsal pianist/music director.
- Recorded accompaniment or a cappella auditions are not allowed.
- Please wear or bring appropriate clothes and shoes for the dance portion of the audition.
- If you are invited to call backs, music cuts and sides from the show will be provided.
- Please bring proof of COVID vaccination status for us to view; we do not need to make or keep a copy.
When an accidental case of botulism from Sister Julia Child of God’s cooking wipes out most of the order of the Little Sisters of Hoboken, the remaining nuns must raise funds to bury their dearly departed sisters and keep their convent afloat. Ballet-loving Sister Leo, streetwise Sister Robert Anne, befuddled Sister Mary Amnesia, the Mother Superior Sister Regina, and mistress of the novices Sister Mary Hubert attempt to throw together a haphazard variety show. Complete with tongue-in-cheek numbers and funny talent acts, it’s a sinfully hilarious musical comedy!
CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS: (All roles are female presenting)
SISTER MARY REGINA, MOTHER SUPERIOR: 40’s- 60’s (Vocal Range: B3-F5) A feisty Sophie Tucker-type who can’t resist the spotlight. Mother Superior, outrageous, quick-witted, knows how to get a laugh, tries to convince you that she is strict, but everyone knows that her “bark is worse than her bite.” Vocal part: Mezzo.
SISTER MARY HUBERT, MISTRESS OF NOVICES: 40’s-60’s (Vocal Range: G3-F5) She oversees the novices but fancies herself a Mother Superior & is in constant competition with Mary Regina. She exudes maternal wisdom to the novices but also like to let loose. Vocal part: Mezzo, Gospel style.
SISTER ROBERT ANNE: Late 20’s – Early 40’s (Vocal Range: G3-D5) A tough streetwise nun from Brooklyn who has a heart of gold, a jokester and constantly challenging authority, a constant source of aggravation for Mother Superior. Vocal part: Mezzo.
SISTER MANY AMNESIA: Mid 20’s – Late 30’s (Range: Db4-C6) picture of innocence, lost her memory when a crucifix fell on her head, can’t remember her past, and so she looks at each day with a childlike joy, has a puppet alter ego named Sister Mary Annette, Vocal part: Soprano. Broadway, and Country style.
SISTER MARY LEO: Early 20’s – Early 30’s (Range: G#3-G5) The novice nun, a former professional dancer, always eager to display her talent, impressionable, entered the convent to become the first ballerina nun. She is easily swayed to join in the mischief. Ballet experience a plus. Vocal part: Mezzo.